Re: changing the pronunciation of a word

  • From: "david poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 15:12:52 -0500

try tas?

Johnnie Apple Seed

----- Original Message -----
From: "Troy Burnham" <tburnham@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2004 2:44 PM
Subject: changing the pronunciation of a word

Hi All,
I'm trying to use the Jaws dictionary to change the pronunciation of the
word bass, b 'a' s s, to where it is pronounced like the type of fish
instead of like it is spelled b 'a' s e.  I have tried putting a space
between the b and the rest of the word but all that did was to make it
pronounce the b and then the rest of the word although it did pronounce the
last part the way that I wanted it to that way, does anybody have any
suggestions how I can get this word to be pronounced the way that I want it
to be pronounced?

Thanks in advance.
Troy