capslock as prefix

  • From: Dean Martineau <dean92@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 20:09:05 -0700

Jim, it seems to me that you should be able to get back that old Window
Bridge functionality, though you may have to think a bit backwards to
achieve it.  I can't test your situation because my capslock is my jaws
key.  However, the .jkm files allow for different functions of jawskey+t
and insert+t.  If your capslock is not your jawskey, I don't know if, for
instance, you could overtly assign a keystroke to capslock+t, but since you
can let JAWS think of capslock as the jaws key, you can simply go through
the default.jkm file, and any other you need to alter and assign keystrokes
as you wish, assigning Read title Bar to insert+t and Say time, or
whatever, to jawskey+t.

Dean