Re: can't hear the record in sound forge 7

  • From: "Gail The U. S. Male" <gail1959@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 15:37:22 -0600

actually if you're trying to record using sound forge and you're trying to
record something using your own voice you want the microphone unmuted. for
the line  in, which is how you'd record from your cassette, you want to
check the checkbox beside the line in volume in the recording properties
dialog under volume control. also make sure your line in volume is around 80
percent. another thing you may want to check in this same dialog is what
recording and playback devices are selected. it will say something like
preferred playback device soundblaster  live 1040. that's an example using
what my sound card shows. the recording might say waveout, depending on
which sound card you're using. also make sure the use only prefered devices
is checked. I use soundforge regularly to record things, and it works well
for me, and I can hear the recordings. sometimes they may be a bit faint,
but you can fix this by normalizing the file in the process menu of sound
forge. I use normalize to speech, one of the presets sound forge gives you.
hope this helps a bit.
Join me on MSN:
gail1959@xxxxxxxxxxx
For the people: Gail the u. s. male