can't get on a particular web site

  • From: "Rosemarie Chavarria" <knitqueen2005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 22:39:11 -0800

Hi, everyone.  Yesterday my computer instructor told me about a web site that
her friend runs from her home.  The woman sells all kinds of things like
candles and cadle holders and pretty gifts.  Earlier tonight I tried to go on
the site so I could register to join it.  When I hit enter on the site, Jaws
all of a sudden stopped talking.  I tried hitting windows U twice to do a
shutdown and that didn't work.  I even tried to do a quick shutdown with the
power button and that didn't work either.  I had to end up using the light bar
that has everything connected to it and I don't really like doing that.   What
can I do to solve this problem?  I wrote to my instructor and did everything
she suggested and nothing worked.  This computer has given me nothing but
problems since I got it--and that was in May of this year.  It was built for me
by a relative but I don't think he did such a hot job with it.  I'd appreciate
any new suggestion someone could come up with.   Thanks in advance.
Rosemarie