Re: cannot update ad-aware

Hal, I had the identical problem, which went away when I closed my
virus checker file before starting AdAware.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hal Pearson" <hspearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 8:28 AM
Subject: cannot update ad-aware

HI all on list,

I am now running jfw 6.2 and the latest ad-aware V 1.06. With the
scripts
running I move to the web update button, and activate it with
spacebar. I
then move to the connect button, and press it. I then get a message
saying
that there is a new definitions file available, so I press spacebar on
ok.
After a delay of about thirty seconds I am told that the downloaded
definitions file cannot be read, and I am asked to update again, so I
acknowledge by entering on ok. I am then told that the web update is
complete but I am inclined to doubt it. This new definitions file will
not
download, even when I try the update again. I thought someone else on
list
encountered the same thing but cannot recall for sure.

Hal

line.

or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather