Re: can i get jaws to stop saying attachments when there are none

  • From: "john r vaughn" <jrvaughn44@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 15:09:46 -0500

joanne, I suspect your security setting in OE are the problem.  one of the
choices on the security tab is for your computer to not open messages that
may be a problem or virus.

go to the tools menue while in your in box and down arrow to options.  when
in options use control tab to get to the security tab.  tab through and  you
can look at each control and make your choices.  for help while on a
control, use shift key plus F1 key for windows help on the control.  clear
out the help screen with the escape key.
Personally, I keep my computers anti virus program and other security
programs up to date and so make my computers security settings less
rigorous.  That way, when I get a message that has an attachment, I can see
what it is and then decide whether I want to open it.
good luck in making your choices.
john in sunny florida