re: burning movie dvds

Liz,

I don't think simply renaming the mp4 file to mpg will work.

I would choose either WMA or nero digital audio  DVD. Yes, it should give you
both video and audio. Just make sure you choose the audio format, not the data
format when burning the DVD.

On question...
If you have this movie file on your computer's hard drive, can you play it from
there? If it can not be played from your hard drive, then there is something
wrong with the file. Do you know if it is copy-protected by Digital Rights
Management (DRM) software? If it is, that could be the problem.

Regards,

Alan

Liz wrote:
Hi Alan and list:

If I burn my movie on to a DVD using the audio instead of data choice as
suggested, which audio choice do I make?  My choices are: make mp3, make wma
or make nero digital audio DVD?  Also will the video still show up when
viewed on the DVD player?  I tried renaming the mp4 file as an mpg file and
at least the title of the movie apparently appeared although no sound with
it.  Should I try this file again or maybe I'll find a different software
for decoding.  Thanks.

Liz