Re: binary usenet news groups and jfw

  • From: Steve Matzura <number6@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 02:27:11 -0500

Hi, Chip:

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:27:57 -0500, you wrote:

>I'm trying to get a file from a binary usenet news group.  I've been =
unable
>in using outlook express to combine and decode, so I tried a program =
named
>pluckit to do this.  It seems to be completely inaccessible, so I was
>wondering if anyone had gotten pluckit to work with jfw, or, had any =
other
>recommendations?

Skip Plugin and go directly to Free Agent (http://www.forteinc.com).
They're in beta for a new version, but 1.93, the current one, is very
very accessible, and JFW's already got the scripts for it down to a
science.  Pity, though, that when Agent Versiion 2 comes out, those
scripts will cease to function because Forte have change all their
windowing naming and classing conventions, so the scripts will have to
be re-written.  I'm sort-of in the process of trying to do that now,
as I am on the Agent 2.0 beta team.