RE: best scanner compatible with Jaws

  • From: "Delaunay Christophe" <christophe.delaunay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 08:25:22 +0100

Hi Jeanette,

HP can be a good choice. My first scanner was an HP ScanJet 5200C. Then,
I used a UMax Astra 5400 and when it ended working, I bought a Canon
CanoScan 3200F.

I didn't have any problem with those three scanners and jaws and I
really like my Canon since it's really fast. In fact, the main issue
here is the compatibility between jaws and your preferred OCR software.
Then, looking for a scanner bundled with a jaws-friendly photocopier is
a good idea. For this reason, depending on what you want to do, choosing
a Canon may not be a good idea. The photocopier which is embedded in the
CanoScan toolbox is highly graphical and using a braille display to
control it is a great plus.

HTH, have a nice day. Chris

  _____