Re: backup drives software

  • From: "Kelly Pierce" <kpierce2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 06:52:51 -0500

I thought about the option you described and the victims of brushfires in California and hurricanes in Florida and the gulf coast crossed my mind. If the cops started to drive around the neighborhood and announce on their PA system that a major disaster was imminent and that we needed to leave our homes in five minutes and either drive away or board a bus at the end of the block to go to a safe location, I don't want to be unscrewing hard drives from my computer or fiddling with drive cases and adapter kits. all I would need to do is unplug the power cable and USB cord and put my drive in my suitcase or backpack, board the bus to safety, and wait out the disaster. If my home is destroyed, I can quickly access all my data by plugging the drive into essentially any computer. I realize that external drives are more expensive but they offer more flexibility and universality than other solutions.

Kelly

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bobcat" <bobcat11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>