Re: avg question

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 12:53:32 -0700

If you don't touch it, it will automatically scan each morning beginning at
8 A.M., and then update itself with its latest definition files at about
9:48 A.If you're using the computer when these procedures are happening,
especially the virus scan, you should be aware of it; the program deisplays
a mission completed message at the end of its scanning, and also announces
when it's beginning its update and when it's done with that, which only
takes a minute or less.
The only reason you'd want to learn how to change this is if you wanted
deliberately to change the schedule.  Not just to turn it on.  You don't
have to do anything just to set the program in motion.  If that's all you're
worrying about, don't worry.  It should already be doing what it needs to
do, according to its default scheduling .

One important note:  If you don't have broadband service (DSL or cable or a
T1 connection), then you must be sure you're online before the time the
update is set for, otherwise it can't be done automatically, and you'll have
to go into the control center and do it manually from there.

Hope this helps.