Re: auto disconnect

  • From: "Dale Leavens" <dleavens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:43:02 -0500

Could well be, when I had dial-up it was back in Jaws 2.2 through about =
3.5 and the system tray wasn't all that friendly. Usually though the =
disconnect was automatic and I am pretty sure that was a setting in =
Internet Connections in Internet Explorer under Tools > Options.

I also remember setting up a hot key to the dialler for those occasions =
when something odd happened so I could quickly and easily disconnect =
when that was desired.

The only problem with the auto disconnect was that occasionally it would =
timeout when reading a long Web page or musing over a purchase and there =
was no activity for an extended period of time. Usually though it would =
pick up and dial again when required but it did slow things up waiting.

My current ADSL sometimes doesn't feel a lot faster on a bad day than =
the dial-up on a good day.

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada
DLeavens@xxxxxxx
Come and meet Aurora, Nakita and Nanook at our polar bear habitat.=20
----- Original Message -----=20