Re: attachment folder

  • From: "Dennis Brown" <DennisTBrown@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 12:35:38 -0400

You can move the messages to the attachment folder, but the attachments will
still be attached to a message!
With Microsoft Outlook, you can write a macro that will attach to a Message
Rule, and it will save attachments to a folder on your hard drive, but you'll
need to use VBA code to do it, and you may need to confirm the save process
with each attachment.

With Outlook Express, do the following to create an attachment folder that
stores the messages with an attachment, but it won't save the attached file to
disk:
1. First, create an Attachment folder with Alt+F for File, then F for Folder.
2. Create a new folder and give it a name like Attachments, then tab around to
the location, and left arrow once to put it at the Local level.  The current
level is In Box.

Now, create a Message Rule...
1. Alt+T for Tools, then R for Rules.
2. Select Mail, then New.
3.  Arrow down to "Message has an attachment" and hit the space bar to check
that condition.
4. Tab to the next list and press space on "Move it to a specified folder."
5. Tab to the next area and use the Jaws cursor to click on the word
"specified."
This will open a dialog allowing you to select a the new attachment folder you
just created, then select OK.
6. Give the rule a name like "Move my attachments."  Tab to, then select OK.
7.  Tab to  Apply now... and press space.  Follow the instructions.
Once the rule has been processed, select OK, and the rule will be executed
whenever you receive an attachment.

Hope this helps!
And

Thanks,