Re: antivirus?

  • From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 12:34:42 +0100

Hi, from what I've read, AVG 8 has problems with JAWS, in that AVG crashes when
you try to open the user interface. The workaround was to unload JAWS, load
AVG, then reload JAWS. However, if you don't want this hassle, then go for
Avast! (www.avast.com). It's fully accessible, offers more protection that AVG
(even the paid versions) can offer, and the interface doesn't crash with JAWS.
Hope that helps.
Why not join my Blind Hobbyist group? To subscribe, send a blank message to
blind-hobbyist-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Thanks, Chris