RE: an annoying odd problem

  • From: RAWest <rawest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 17:51:44 -0400

have you run chkdsk on your machine?

To do so open my computer.  highlight local disk c.

Press the alt key and enter together.  This will land you in the general
tab.  Shift tab once and arrow right to the tools tab.  Tab once to get to
error correction and press enter on it.

tab around until you come to a check box.  Press the space bar to check it.
Tab once more to another checkbox.  Press the space bar to check it.

Press the tab key until you come to the ok button and press enter on it.

A dialog box will open telling you that the utility needs exclusive access
to some windows files and will run upon next pc re-boot.

Answer yes to this and it will be scheduled for the next time the computer
is re-booted or turned on from a shutdown.

Depending on the amount of files on your computer it could take a bit of
time to run.

When it is finished windows will startup automatically.

Maybe this could correct some of your issues.

Robert

To find me you can do the following.

Skype id:  rawest24

Aim id:  rawest24