Re: alt+shift

  • From: "Bobcat" <bobcat11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 19:41:27 -0600

Thanks Christopher.

Bobcat
----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: alt+shift

This is a Windows command that has been enhanced by JAWS hence the
announcement. Hope that helps.
On Tue, 1 May 2007 11:36:57 -0600, "Bobcat" <bobcat11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
said:
Is this a Jaws command or a Windows command?  Alt plus shift toggles a
setting which makes Jaws say alternatively, English Canada then English
United states.

Remember some people were talking about Jaws starting to announce English
United States?  I accidentally hit alt+shift one day and heard that
announcement.  I hit it again and it said English Canada.

I checked to be sure the language bar is off.  I even went so far as to
also
turn it of in Jaws options, basic settings, windows system parameters.

I just alt tabbed from the Jaws window back to this OE window and Jaws
said
English Canada.  I had toggled the setting to Canada and Jaws was telling
me
that what it is set to for this window or application.  It only makes the
announcement if the language is different from the previous window.

Bobcat

Christopher Hallsworth
E-mail: chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name chrishallsworth7266