RE: alert: empty document. message in adobe

  • From: "DAVID WEDDLE" <ddweddle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 14:46:25 -0700

In both cases when a PDF file comes up with the message "Alert:  Empty
Document, i.e., when a scanner scans a document directly into a PDF file
as discussed in the last few messages I've seen today, or when a
document is created in Adobe and security or protection is switched on,
as in the message from Mark Arnold below, the file is actually displayed
in a graphic form on the screen which JFW cannot read.  Two solutions
are available:  (1) print the document and scan the results on a
scanner, or (2) let a scanner program like Open Book or Kerzweil convert
the document into a readable form.  To me, either situation is a pain in
the neck (or somewhere else).

Take care...
Dave