Re: accessing network before jaws is active

  • From: James Homuth <james@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 17:19:16 -0400

Unfortunately, the short and simple answer is you can't. The only way around this would be to set up your computer so that it uses the older style login screen, a la Windows ME and earlier, or setting JFW up to start before you log in. A thread was going round on this list a while back regarding getting rid of the Windows XP login screen for purposes of making it more useable with JFW. In my honest opinion, it's more useable in general?I prefer entering my login info rather than looking for it among a list of already existing ones.

James,
List Admin
At 05:09 PM 8/2/2006, you wrote:
We just got our new computers and are hopefully getting a cable hookup on Monday. The problem is when I boot up I am presented with a screen that wants me to click on my name. Obviously, I can't do this. How can I access the computer with a keystroke instead of clicking on my name? Thanks, Judith

-- JFW related links: JFW homepage: http://www.freedomscientific.com/ Scripting mailing list: http://lists.the-jdh.com/listinfo.cgi/scriptography-the-jdh.com JFW List instructions: To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line. Archives located at: //www.freelists.org/archives/jfw