Re: a spell check question with the IBM Lotus Symphony programme

  • From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 18:58:05 -0600

Daniel,
FS doesn't give you as many choices in Lotus Symphony as in MS Word.  With
Word, you can have the spelling errors shown on the screen, but turn off the
detection of the errors in the Verbosity Menu.  With Lotus Symphony, the
Verbosity Menu doesn't have this option.  If you don't want to hear JFW say
Misspelled, you may just have to uncheck the Show Spelling Errors choice in the
Tools Menu of the Lotus Symphony word processor.  I've always found it more
efficient to continue typing my document, not worrying about the spelling until
the end.  I then do my spell checking all at once with F7.

Gary King
w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx