RE: Your Suggestions Needed

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:28:48 -0400

For just simple internet email, they're about the same, and outlook
express does do news groups as well.

But, once you come to start using the calendaring, tasking, note taking,
journaling, and more complex rules, that outlook has, even without it
being in a corporate environment I still prefer it over outlook express
for home use.  Of course, it's not free, so it's hard for me to justify
to some  friend why they need to go out and buy it, but if you already
have it anyway, I'd say yes, learning to use all those features is
really convenient at times, and I've not yet had a problem with it and
jaws.  Some of the anti-spam and anti-virus programs also have
additional functionality that only works in Outlook and not in outlook
express (outclass is one such interesting free program, you can train it
to categorize your mail and put it into different folders based on what
it understands the body text to be talking about; pretty cool and far
more advanced than any rule you could define, it also as a side benefit
can be used to figure out that something is spam and put it in a special
folder).

Chip

=20