RE: Your Suggestions Needed

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:09:12 -0400

John,

I don't know what to say about news groups and viruses.  They're really
no more or less dangerous than your email and surfing the web, so just
have an up-to-date virus scanner and you'll be about as safe as you can
be.

You can choose to view all messages in plane text format, and this keeps
those viruses which spread through HTML from getting through; that may
help as I can't think of any other way you'd get a virus from a news
group unless they enticed you to go to a web site or download something.

Chip

=20

To=20
jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx