Re: You can use iPod software with Jaws

  • From: "chevelle" <chevelle33@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:58:18 -0500

Hi Aman, I will answer your question first. I haven't tried buying songs
from the store yet, but when I do I will let the list know what happened. I
won the iPod last week, and was able to pick up the unit this past Tuesday,
and I installed the software late last night. I think for now I will just
tell you how I was able to transfer songs from the computer to the iPod. I
can talk about installing the software in another post if you like. Ok, once
the software is installed there will be an icon on the desktop labelled
ITunes. Go ahead and click this icon. Oh yeah I am using windows xp home,
and jaws 5.1.844. Just make sure that your jaws is focused in the Itunes
window by pressing inseert t. Now to add a song to the library which is what
you need todo in order to transfer the song to your iPod. Press control o.
You will get an edit box asking for the file name. You can either type the
name of the file or shift tab to the look in box. I have my songs in my
shared folder so you need to make sure that the look in box is showing the
folder that has your songs. Basically this part is like using ms-word when
you want to open a file. Once you have selected the file you want to open
tab to the open button, and press enter. This next part I am still
experimenting on. I'm sure there is an easier way to do this next part, but
right now jaws isn't helping me to find it. Here is what I do. After I press
enter on the open button I close the Itunes window with control w. Note:
these shortcuts keys I am listing are not Jaws solutions. After I press
control w to close the Itunes window, I go back to the Itunes by pressing
enter on the icon on my desktop. Once you are in the window route your jaws
cursor. I do a control home to get to the top. If things go right your jaws
will say a couple of lines down that it is updating your Ipod. Arrow down a
line or two, and it will tell you either it is ok to disconnect or it is not
ok to disconnect. That is the neat part that the disconnect message will
show on the Ipod screen, and it will show on the computer, and jaws will
read it to you. Important don't disconnect your iPod until you hear jaws say
it is ok to disconnect the iPod. Not: jaws will not automatically that it is
ok to disconnect the iPod. You have to keep checking with the jaws cursor.
There are other things you can do with the software, but right now I will
just keep it to transferring songs from your computer to the iPod. I hope
this helps people. Any other questions go ahead, and asked. Before I sent
this message I again transferred two more songs successfully so now I have
around ten songs or so.