Re: XP SP3installation failure

  • From: "dennis" <dennis.cornelison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 09:50:39 -0500

i remember having the same problem with sp2 at home also. i don't remember what the fix was though. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 9:38 AM
Subject: Re: XP SP3installation failure

Dennis,

thanks. If I ever get any help with this, I'll check in and tell about it.
This morning I got a dialogue saying new updates were ready and inviting me
to download and install them. I figured maybe it's something else besides
the service pack. After all, people have been saying that SP3 won't be
offered as an automatic download until June.

But when I clicked on the button to accept the download in Express mode, I
got the same screen with terms and conditions I had to agree to a I remember
from yesterday, and then a screen comes up letting me know it's SP3 I'm
about to start downloading.

Oh, no! I didn't want to go through all that again, an hour or more of
downloading and installing only to be confronted with this dramatic, bonging
error message again. So I canceled out.

Ack. I need someone to explain what the failure message I got yesterday
meant by Access Denied and whether this is something I can remedy myself.

----- Original Message ----- From: "dennis" <dennis.cornelison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>