Re: XM Radio Users

  • From: "AB7HW Dick Lee Chrisman" <ab7hw@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 11:42:48 -0700

Hi Jim
XM Radio is very accessible to the Blind.  I just got one for Christmas and
it is a piece of cake to operate, that includes the remote I got with the
unit.  My unit is a Delphi Skyfi which sits in a boom box sort of
arrangement, the amplifier and speakers is about 15 inches long by 8 inches
high by 4 inches deep.
There are a nice arrangement of buttons on the receiver which fits in a
slide in pouch on the front of the amplifier/speakers.
The remote has very pronounced buttons and it is nicely laid out, again it
is totally Blind accessible!
XM Radio's web site is very JFW friendly, I have had very good luck with the
Web Site xmradio.com.
Once you get one and have any questions about using it please write me at
ab7hw@xxxxxxxx
I can give you a lot of help, but you probably won't need it it is so easy
to use!
Good luck
Dick
Scottsdale Arizona