RE: Word; was misc settings in office 2003 with jfw9?

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 13:58:59 -0400

No, it's not easy.

The jaws insert+F command will give you a lot of information about the
header or footer you're positioned on, but it won't give you all the
information.

You can control how close the text is allowed to come to the header or
footer, and how close to the edge of the paper the header/footer is
allowed to come.  This kind of info is not supplied by insert+f and is
difficult to find.

You're best bet is a complete book on Word, and then check every option
they detail about headers and footers if it's critical.  You'll need
such a book if you're really going to understand headers in a large
document, especially if they need to change from section to section, or
chapter to chapter, or if some pages need to be landscaped.

I've even seen a book for Word users who need to create complex legal
documents, and we bought a copy where I work because we do, but it had
complete copy-protection on the PDF and I wasn't able to read it with a
screen reader.

My point really is that Word can get so complex that such a specialty
book is needed.

hth,

Chip

Chip Orange