Re: Word XP question regarding tracking changes

  • From: Louis Lucero <lclucero@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 09:30:40 -0700

Debbie,
I have my verbosity set so it announces track changes and that key stroke insert plus shift pus R works and is super powerful. But in Word XP when I go tools then select track changes I do not get the dialog box with the choices except changes etc.

I do not know why that dialog box does not pop up. On my version of Word next to track changes there is a ... then control plus shift plus E. And when you try either way entering on it or the key stroke it just pops back to the document.

But thanks very much for that Jaws key stroke of insert plus shift plus R that is super and I did not know about that.

Any ideas why the dialog box is not appearing?

Louis At 08:40 AM 4/14/2006, you wrote:
Have you changed your verbosity settings to announce track changes?

This is from the jaws help system, I hope this helps!

JAWS can tell you the revision type and author as you navigate a document
containing revisions. You can use the Accept or Reject changes dialog. You
can also display a list of revisions, and move the cursor to the selected
revision.

Track Changes Revision Announcement
With the Track Changes Verbosity item, JAWS informs you of revisions found
throughout your documents. You have several choices of how to hear the
revisions. Press INSERT+V to open the Verbosity dialog, and then use your
arrow keys to move to Track Changes. Use the SPACEBAR to move through the
available options.

You can choose from the following settings:

  a.. Do not detect revisions
  b.. Speak revision type
  c.. Speak revision type plus count
  d.. Speak revision type and author
  e.. Speak revision type and author plus count
  f.. Speak revision type, author, and date
  g.. Speak revision type, author, and date plus count
Accept or Reject Revisions Dialog
The Word Track Changes, Accept or Reject Changes dialog is opened from
Tools, Track Changes, Accept or Reject Changes. JAWS automatically reads
each revision in context as you move to it. You can also hear the revision
in context by pressing INSERT+C.

List Revisions
Press INSERT+SHIFT+R to display a list of revisions. Select a revision
within the list, and press ENTER to move the insertion point to the selected
revision.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Louis Lucero" <lclucero@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Friday, April 14, 2006 11:21 AM Subject: Word XP question regarding tracking changes

Hi list, My Word XP question is this: When I go to tools then to tracking changes nothing seems to happen. In other versions of Word it would then take me to choices like find, change, except, etc. This was really nice to quickly jump to the next revision in a long document. Is this possible in Word XP?

Thanks so much.

Louis

"Luck is a product of hard work."

Louis A. Lucero