Word 2000 Problem

  • From: "Linksma Mezgeja" <love2knit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 06:38:43 -0500

Hello!  Something has happened with a Word document that I just typed that
has never happened before. I was typing along and assumed it read as I typed
with appropriate spacing. After printing the document, it is all messed up.
The first half of the document is okay. Then, randomly, where I have typed a
space, there can be as many as 4 or more spaces left randomly throughout the
document. When I read it with my JAWS cursor, where there is one space, 3
blanks or more are read. I see no way to correct the spacing problem because
when I try to delete that area and re-type it correctly, yet again, the wide
random spacing appears in the print copy.
    I have no idea what happened to cause this. Does anybody know what
setting might need to be adjusted and if so where and how? Thanks very much
in advance for your help.