Re: Windows mail: automated switch to the message list!

  • From: "Hamid Hamraz" <hhamraz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 13:10:32 +0330

Yes, many things from OE can be ported, such as messages, accounts and contact
lists, but I believe that the rules can not be ported at all, and for your
case, the only solution is to ask for sighted assistance for the rules creation.
Note: for the contact list, I exported a comma separated value (CSV) from OE.
Here in windows mail, I couldn't use that because here the all columns, such as
first name, last name, email, etc, were treated as only a single column. I
couldn't made the proper mapping between the columns, and therefore I build up
my contact list from scratch using my messages in my inbox (not that hard:
right click and add sender to address book)
If you want to configure WM in future, I recommend to export the contact list
in other formats too, such as WAB,etc.

HTH
Hamid