Re: Windows defender, what is it?

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 07:03:31 -0700

Hi Michael,

A couple of comments on this.  First, I thought, from all I've read about
the new Microsoft Defender suite of protective services, that though it may
have been free during a Beta test period, it's going to be about $50 a year
to keep updated.  Or is that yet a slightly different new Microsoft service
that includes Defender but also some other things?  Also, the slang
expression for "also" is "to boot," not "to hoot," unless you were joking
around or having a bad typing day and rushing through your spell check, as
happens to me every day.

It's nice to know that Defender works nicely with Jaws.  Thanks for the
report.