Re: Windows XP welcome screne

  • From: "Allan Wong" <allanwkf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:28:52 +0800

ok Blake, I understand now. But why one can tell this to others and yet the
info is wrong?

in their reply,

uncheck the "use the welcome screen check box" to get rid of the logon
screen.

this info is wrong!

hth
From: "Allan Wong" <allanwkf@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 12:27:52 +0800

hi Blake,

I am confuse here, on the 5th march you wrote:

Hold windows key, then pres r. In the run dialog, type "control
userpasswords" excluding the quotes. You'll need to make sure you're on the
change account link. Then press down erro until you hear change the way
users logon or something like that. Hit enter, and uncheck the box use the
welcome screen.

this instruction is to change to a classic style logon screen right?

but why this guys always ask others to uncheck "use the welcome screen check
box" for turn the logon screen off? do they know what they are writing ah?

From: "Jouie" <jouiecel27@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 11:57:20 -0800

Why are there people who don't immediately get the instructions?

    _____