Windows Update

  • From: "Playful Heart" <playfulheart@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 16:50:04 -0500

I just went to take a windows update and they have changed their site and will
ask you to take the download so you can get your updates. This is to let you
know that if you are using JAWS 6 in any version you will need to use the jaws
cursor in order to have the correct screen read to you. If you keep it on the
virtual cursor it will only read to you the previous screen. Further if you use
the virtual cursor you will not be able to click on the links. This problem has
been brought to the attention of Freedom Scientific in the past and they have
done nothing about it and likely won't.

Those of you who have JAWS 5 will be able to navigate the site without any
problem and you will not have to use the jaws cursor.

While some updates were made to JAWS in version 6 there were some things done
that limit access to many sites and often times they are things that people
need. JAWS is suppose to be Job Access With Speech. I do believe that anyone
using the internet to do their work will find some things very difficult to
navigate.