Re: Windows 7 Email Program with Jaws

  • From: Hal Pearson <hspearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 22:35:13 -0500

ray, I too have a new laptop using Windows 7, and man I am still getting use to the layout. I chose mozilla Thunderbird as my preferred email program. You can get scripts from Jamal's site. The direct download is at re: windows 7 email program with jaws hal pearson jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 10:10 pm 10:10 pm 7kb 126901 ray, i too have a new laptop using windows 7, i chose mozilla thunderbird. you can get scripts from jamal's site. the direct download is at

http://EmpowermentZone.com/tb_scr.exe

The scripts add a lot of functionality to this email program, and they are being updated almost daily. One thing I am finding however, is that you have to make sure forms mode is on when replying, otherwise you get a message saying no headings, or no tables. If for instance, I am editing a message, and choose to use Jaws key +N to move to next sentence, forms mode is then turned off. I simply arrow around a bit until forms mode is re-activated. In time I'll not miss Outlook express so much I'm sure.

Hal
On 1/5/2010 6:13 PM, Ray Wright wrote:
I just got a laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium. I installed JAWS 11 on it and am now finding there is no email program, such as Windows mail or Outlook Express on it.

Can anyone recommend an email program that is accessible with Jaws and will run on Windows 7? I downloaded Windows Live Mail and would rather not use it. I prefer a stand alone program for my email.

Thank you for any advice or information you can provide.

Kindest regards,

Ray
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ch.B." <chr1s64@xxxxxx>