Re: Where have all the Key Tips gone?

  • From: michael <michael.kizer944@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 10:00:45 -0500

That ribbing in office 07 stinks it has been a problem since it came out most key commands that worked with office 03 don't work anymore. Good luck with that you may want to try open office if you don't get it working.

Dr. William J. Griffiths wrote:
Hello,

I recently installed Office Word 2007 on a Windows 7 system with a brand new
version of JAWS 11.  The problem I'm encountering is that when traversing
the lower ribbon, JAWS is not reading the full path of the Key Tips.  For
example, if I move to the Picture button within the Insert tab, JAWS reads
only "alt+N"; it does not read "ALT,N,P", which is what I have become used
to on a system with JAWS 8 and Office Word 2007 on a XP Pro system.

I even installed NVDA on the system, and it reads the Key Tips just fine.
I've tried toying with JAWS verbosity settings, but with no results.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

This may not be related, but initial letter navigation doesn't seem to work
in some tree views.  Is that a consequence of Windows 7?

Thanks,
Bill

Alternative archives located at:

Alternative archives located at: