re: Where does Ad-aware put quarantined files?

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 13:45:48 -0500

I examined the list of quarantined tracking cookies which Ad-aware found,
and when I looked in the cookies directory afterward, those files were still
there.

What about the fact that I have no quarantine directory within the ad-aware
SE Personal directory? Isn't there supposed to be a quarantine directory?
And where is the log file of ad-aware scan sessions located? Isn't there
supposed to be a logs directory?

Yardbird wrote:
yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: Re: Where does Ad-aware put quarantined files?
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 09:09:51 -0800

One question about the post to which the below is a response:  In the course
of describing your search for the quarantine folder and so forth, you twice
mention looking into your cookies folder and noting that the "tracking
cookies" were still there.

What I'd like to be clear about is, by this phrase, do you actually mean all
cookies?  Because many of the cookies on our systems serve worthwhile
purposes to do with enabling convenient logging on, and other such things.
Are you capable of distinguishing "good" cookies from "bad" ones, and
calling the bad ones "tracking cookies?"I'm not, myself.  I trust AddAware
to remove only cookies that are truly intrusive or mischievous, and trust it
to know them from the others.
thrV

Thanks for the clarification.
re you mention