What's happening in this situation?

Hi list members, every once in a while when I use jaws, the arrow keys say
something like some characters no characters, all characters.  another way
an early jaws version would phrase this is Some ansi, most ansi all ansi.
In addition to that the tab key says no next window, or no prier window.  I
 have to reboot to correct it What has happened there?  is it a key stroke
I  maybe make by accident?  it happened today and I can't figure out what I
may have done wrong.  it was just before an unload before the demo timed
out and I was going to switch to NVDA to continue what I was doing.   Thanks,

I pledge to  participate actively in the efforts of the national federation
of the blind to  achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the  policies and programs of the federation; and abide by it's
constitution.