Re: What to do before I reformat my hard drive

  • From: "Peter" <peterholdstock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 18:43:05 +0100

If you have only run your JAWS authorisation on that one PC then you'll be
fine, but if you've ran it on three PCs or had to go through the authorisation
process three times on the same PC (i.e. due to having reformatted your PC
previously, I would suggest going to the FS activate site and requesting a
reset of the number of activations you have left.

This is because otherwise you might find you can't activate JAWS and have to
wait for them to reset your activations. You might as well do this before you
reformat and at least then you know you wont be stuck with JAWS in 40 minute
mode for a day or two.

You can access the FS Activate site from the JAWS help menu.

Peter