Re: What is this IE Add-On?

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 07:18:40 -0800

Hi,
You wrote:

  Under Manage Add-ons
  Show: Add-ons currently loaded in Internet Explorer
  there is this entry...
  {53707962-6F74-2D53-... Safer Networking Ltd. Enabled Browser Helper Object
SDHelper.
  Does anyone know if this is this legit or malware?

  Do you have Spyware Search and Destroy installed on your machine?
  I looked this up in Google and it would seem that it's related to Spybot
Search and Destroy.  My impression is that it's a browser helper designed to
block malware as it comes in.  If I'm right about this, you may want to leave
it alone.

  Tom