Re: What is the JAWS key

  • From: "David Poehlman" <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 10:18:06 -0500

When you change the keyboard lay out , the keyboard manager and its
supporting scripts are envoked depending on what you set the keyboard layout
to.  I'd advise caution when changing these settings.  A lot of research has
goneinto these keyboard lay outs and you can most likely find one that works
for you in the keyboard lay out choices.  The reason that you might want to
use one over another is the placement of the keys.  I have seen situations
where the classic keyboard lay out worked quite well on some laptops but the
laptop keybaord was more suited to others.