What does "Unavailable imply about a program's status with JAWS

  • From: "Bill White" <billwhite92701@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 21:18:04 -0800

A friend has 7zip installed on a computer. It works to zip and unzip files when
accessed through the Applications key. But when we try to access it through the
start menu and programs, JAWS says: 7zip submenu unavailable.

The program isn't already open at the time. I know this can cause JAWS to say a
program is unavailable.

Does anyone here know what else can cause this behavior with JAWS, and how to
correct it?

Thank you.
Bill White billwhite92701@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

database 5857 (20110208) __________