Re: Well folks, I tried!

This reminds me of     the hassle you go through to simply do a few home
improvements to your property.  Many of you may have tried to do this and
the frustrations and anger that aroused from the simple projects left you
bitter and not as happy with the few things you tried to do to make your
home more accommodating to your needs.  Counties in this country will have
you believe that when adding something like a bathroom to your house you
have to have a county endorsed technician install the room just to make sure
that everything is within a code that will make the addition safer.  They
fill your mind with all kinds of scenarios that have you thinking that if
your uncle who knows the trade very well does the work your home will go up
in flames the minute the workers walk out.  This is not the case.  The
county has to be able to justify their licensing policies and their ability
to add taxes to your property because you added a room.  FS is starting to
sound like a government bureaucracy making it more difficult for you to
enjoy what is yours to begin with.  They justify their reasons in all kinds
of convoluted ways that try to make you think they are doing it in your best
interest but eventually we learn that coincidentally our "best interest"
just happens to coincide with their "bottom line".  Microsoft has done it
along with scores of other companies who jealously guard their little piece
of the pie in fear of their patent being ripped off, people taking advantage
of their product for free and yes, some people ripping off you, the end user
.  Some of these policies have a strange link to the big brother approach to
control over your life but in the end we have to do what is best for us
without jeopardizing what is a necessary tool for our lives.  Judith