Re: Volume control

  • From: "Gary Jackson" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 18:27:35 -0500

Hi Moti,

The microphone must show up in playback properties.
1. after you enter volume controls you should find a control for wave, cd ,
and others along with mute  check boxes for each. If you don't find
microphone by tabbing around do the following.
2.  press alt for the menu bar and arrow down in the options menu to
properties, presss enter
3. you will hear the name of your sound card/ mixer device. tab once and you
hear adjust for playback, this is correct. tab again and you find a list of
available controls to be showing. be sure the microphone is checked. you can
use the space bar to check or uncheck these items.
4. now tab  to and enter on ok.
5. now tab around and find your microphone control. it will have a mute box
right after the up/ down slider. Note: this mute box will not keep your
microphone from working to another person on the web. it will only serve to
keep you from getting feedback to yourself and to facilitate the use of
voice over if you are actually using  the microphone with music on the web
for performances. If your microphone is not working at all go back to
properties in the options menu. After entering on properties again tab once
and change the selection from adjust for playback to adjust for recording.
now tab to ok and enter. tab to and make sure that the select box is checked
immediately following the microphone up/down slider.

Gary