Vista Security issue

  • From: "Artic Wolf" <sirruthan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 15:44:04 -0600

I thought this might be intrusting.

It's from  www.activewin.com

More fatal Windows Vista exploits

Last week, the media went schizophrenic over the Windows Vista speech
recognition
'loophole' which allowed anyone with a microphone to have full access over
your computer.
Granted, you must also be partially-deaf, turned your speaker volume to
full, carefully
place your microphone next to the speakers, turn on speech recognition and
train
your speech profile as if you were someone else. It might sound incredibly
challenging
to get this exploit working properly, but the media assures this exploit is
a "fatal
flaw", so obviously
Microsoft
 is to blame and Vista gets a big red "Fail" on security.
This week,

I Posted this, and I think I hit the nail.

Artic Wolf
 (1 Posts) at 2/6/2007 3:16:01 PM
It can be done,if you created scripts to by pass the security. Which from
what I
understand, almost all of Vista was created with scripting in mind to even
install.
1. load voice command, 2. load speech pattering 3. start narrator. 4 run
script to
tell narrator what to say.
It wouldn't be to hard, since most people leave there head phones with
microphones
on the desk, or have a desktop microphone that isn't muted. I actually had
my computer
doing it's own thing with my speech program, and didn't know it till it
started doing
things that I didn't want it to do. So yes it can be done since Narrator and
other
speech TTS programs have better English speaking skills then we do. Not to
mention
they speak clear.