Re: Vista

  • From: "Kimberly thurman" <kimberlythurman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:34:15 -0400

Hi Shawn. I am using it. I got a new laptop, which had Vista, and didn't have a choice. I am using JAWS beta and the Window Eyes beta also. JAWS still definitely has its problems. I needed to change the time on it, and when I went to date/time in control panel, JAWS wouldn't read the fields to change it. I had to switch to the Window Eyes beta, which did just fine. You also have to disable what is called User Account Control before JAWS will work. There are instructions on how to do this in the JFW website. It work fairly well on most things I've tried it with so far, but there are definite glitches. Another example is a site I go to to pay bills wouldn't read all the list boxes in edit mode, so I had to go do it on my computer with XP.

My advice is to get Vista to play with, and keep XP to work with, and then move to Vista gradually as they work out the bugs. hth

Anybody else who is using Vista, please speak up on here as well. Does anybody know if there is a list dedicated to Vista only for JAWS users? Thanks and have a nice day!----- Original Message ----- From: "Shawn Keen" <dkeen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>