  From: Rick Harmon
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 11:37 AM
  Subject: Re: Using Neo Speech engine with Jaws

    From: Roden
    To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 4:58 AM

    Neo Speech engine?

    Regards,

    Roden

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: john coley
      To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2006 5:52 PM

      Hi everybody, it would be interesting to know how successfully neospeech
      voices work with Jaws. I use Scansoft realspeak Daniel, and it is without
      exception the most human synthsized voice I've ever heard. There are a
few
      issues with it and jaws though, nothing's ever perfect, is it.
        The msin issues are those of capitalization, since daniel doesn't
support
      pitch change, and punctuation. There is also the issue of inappropriate
      abbreviation. I think Daniel, and this may apply also to other voice
synths
      may contain their own set of rules, dictionary etc.
        I contacted Freedom Sciendific about the problem, since I was unsure
how
      much of the problem was due to the individual voice synth, and how much
was
      due to the way jaws used it. They blamed it solely on the individual
voice
      synth.
        I contacted tech support at nextup, who I bought the voice from, and
they
      blamed Jaws.
        It would be interesting to know if people have similar problems with
other
      sapi 5 voices.
                          John.