Using J8 To Install Norton 2007?

  • From: "Paul Hutson" <pjhutson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 07:44:36 -0800

Hi all.

If this question has been asked before I'm sorry, I've been away from this list
for a while.
Has anybody done this successfully?  I am trying to install Norton Internet
Security 2007 and all goes well until I get to the part after I restart my
machine to complete the installation process.  At that time I get into the
"complete configuration" screen.  In this screen you have to turn all of the
features of N I S on, and from what I can tell there are NOT the usual check
boxes to check to turn these features  on.  Rather, it seems to be a bunch of
some kind of graphic selectors that Jaws just CAN'T read.  I've tried using the
Jaws cursor and routing the Jaws cursor to the PC cursor and all the other
tricks that I've learned over the years, but to NO avail.
If anyone has ANY suggestions to help PLEASE, PLEASE let me know as I have
ABSOLUTELY NO sighted assistance available except a VERY EXPENSIVE service call
that just AIN'T gonna happen.
I've thought about switching to AVG but I understand that AVG is no longer free
and I already paid my $50 bucks for the Norton program.
Thanks in advance for ANY help you can give me.

Sincerely,
Paul