Re: Using Excel and Jaws?

  • From: "Lil" <melady717@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 12:32:58 -0500

Hi Claudia,

I prefer using Excel over word. Once you are familiar with it you will find it much easier to use for data such as you have described. The easiest thing to do is to try setting up a practice sheet. Enter your first heading in A1 and then tab or right arrow over to column B and enter your next heading, etc. Now bring up the Jaws help by using the jaws key+f1. You will hear a description of the sheet and some jaws hot keys and a link at the end for more jaws hot keys. Hit escape to close that window. Next, hit f1 and it will bring up the jaws help topics for excel, there you will find a pretty good list of keystrokes to help you navigate while in excel. Try them out on your excel sheet and you'll get the idea of how it all works! If you have any other questions I'd be happy to help. The suggestions given on the jaws list were also very helpful. Once you have a practice sheet set up you can adjust the verbosity options to tell you the column and row titles so you know exactly where you are in the sheet.

Good Luck!
Lil ~
----- Original Message ----- From: "Claudia" <cdelreal1973@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>