Upgrading JAWS- and Start Menu

  • From: "Shirley Junge" <sjunge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:01:20 -0500

Hi again!

Now for my second subject. I currently have JAWS 4.5 on my Start Menu. I
installed JAWS 5 yesterday, and downloaded 5.1 as well. Since I'm unable to
access JAWS HELP for some reason...I'm wondering how I put the new version
of JAWS on my Start Menu? Should I remove the 4.5? It seems as though I'm
having double-speaking, especially in some of my games. I noticed a "merge"
listed, and was hesitant to mess with it, not knowing for sure what would
happen. I'm wondering if this double voicing is  causing my F6 switch with
JAWS Help from working properly. There is no one here that can answer my
questions...so I hope one of you kind and knowledgable people can lend some
assistance. I have "lots" of questions, especially about settings to help
JAWS function better...so get ready!

Thanks! I'll be eagerly anticipating some directions. I've been holding my
breath as I guess which settings to check or uncheck, particularly under the
categories that deal with visual effects. Forgive my ignorance...just
consider me   a reluctant student fascinated with the whole computer scene.

For now...Shirley