RE: Unloading unwanted programs in startup group

  • From: "jim grimsby" <jimgrims@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:07:59 -0700

Hi, go in to ms config by doing this.
1. type msconfig from the run prompt.
2.Now that you are in ms config select normal startup
Click ok and allow the computer to restart.
3. run ms config again as described in step one.
4. select selective startup.
5. make sure all the boxes are checked.
6. un check the ittoms you do not want started in the startup section.
7.  in the servusis  section select hide all microsoft servuses.
8. now unmark all the other servusis you do not want to start.
9 click ok and allow the computer to restart.
10 when the computer restart make sure that the box that asks you if you
want to see this message everytime your computer is started is set
corectly to not show it.  There you go. Your problem was you turned off
some microsoft servuses that were needed.  Lucky for you that was all
you missed up.