Re: Unknown program running

  • From: "Bobcat" <bobcat11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 19:07:15 -0700

   I had that same language bar getting in my way.  I found out how to turn
it off without sighted help.

1.  In control panel, open Regional and Language Options.
2.  Press control tab till you hear languages.

3. Press spacebar to activate the details button. The new dialog should be; Text Services and Input Languages

4.  on the settings page, tab  to and activate the Preferences
Language Bar. button.

5.  Now you can uncheck Show the Language bar on the desktop .

Isn't it amazing how easy that was! I really don't know how I found it my self. Maybe I got lucky and typed the right question into the help and support center. I'm always shocked at how buried some details of windows can be.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce Toews" <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Unknown program running

There is a floating language bar on your screen. I gave up on trying to
get at it myself, and got a sighted person to do so for me. We were able
to close it - it's part of Windows - and it hasn't bothered me since.

In the running program list a unknown program is running, the name is :
TF_FloatingLangBar_WndTitle Restored
What is this program and how can I close this. From the running program
list if I click nothing seems to happen.
Thanks,
Sanjay