Unexplained loss of JAWS functionality and strange keyboard locked scenarios.

  a.. Hello Everyone,

For quite some time, at least since running JAWS 8.0, I have been experiencing
a very strange situation.  If I walk away and leave my system idle for a few
minutes, there is no speech output when I return to continue working.  The
following problems are observed:

  1.. There is absolutely no JAWS functionality.  The computer is silent and
has become an inaccessible paperweight.
  2.. Starting Narrator results in constantly studdering speech.
  3.. Key presses do not work at all as expected.  For instance, pressing the
Windows key to open the Start menu causes it to quickly appear and disappear.
  4.. Forcibly shutting down and restarting the computer is the only way to
regain control.
  5.. I have experienced this issue on at least two different systems.
  6.. It has been happening on JAWS 8.0, but also in previous versions, such as
6.2 and 7.1, but at a much lesser frequency in those older versions.
  7.. The issue is not observed if other screen readers, such as NVDA, System
Access or Window-Eyes are running when I walk away from the computer.  In all
such cases, the computer remains accessible and completely usable as expected
upon my return.

Has anyone else experienced an issue similar to this one?  If so, let's see if
we can put together a much more detailed accounting of this problem so we can
get the Freedom Scientific programmers enough useful information to get it
fixed in an upcoming version of JAWS.  If this is not an isolated issue, then I
would classify it as a critical flaw that needs to receive a high priority.